On Saturday, Chelsea officially confirmed american billionaire, Todd Boehly, as the club’s new owner.
In a statement via Chelsea’s web site, the Blues confirmed that terms are agreed for the new ownership cluster, led by Boehly, to acquire the Stamford Bridge club.
Boehly replaces Roman Abramovich, who was Chelsea’s owner for 19 years, following the completion of his £3.5billion takeover.
His consortium, which comprises Dodgers co-owner, Mark Walters, British businessman, billionaire Goldstein, Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss and U.S. investment firm, Clearlake Capital, was named as the preferred bidder to take over Chelsea by the Raine group, the U.S. bank who ar overseeing the sale.What ar some of the things who to know about the new Chelsea owner?
1. Boehly is 46 years old, according to Forbes, value around £3.6 billion ($4.5bn).
2. he is already a owner of both the los angeles Lakers and the l. a. Dodgers. He holds a 27 per cent stake within the Lakers and a 20 per cent stake in the Dodgers.
READ ALSO Wolves bite back despite Rom double
3. this is not the first time Boehly has shown an interest in soccer either, with reports suggesting that he tried to buy the West London club back in 2019 as well. Luckily, the sanctions against Roman Abramovich following Russia’s invasion of ukraine, gave him the chance to finally ukraine his move.
4. Boehly’s career began as cs first boston in ny in 1996, a division of Credit Suisse, when graduating with a degree in finance. He then moved to JH Witney & Co so to Guggenheim Partners in 2001.
5. Boehly has worked aboard Mark walter for a considerable length of time, with the latter additionally a part of the Chelsea pool. Boehly is also notable for his philanthropy, having invested in a number of charities.
Do you want to invest in real estate but don’t know how visit Estate Alert today http://estatealert.net/