A group of supporters of Fulani extraction and Almajiris led by Ibrahim Abdullahi picked the expression of interest and nomination forms for the former President around 6:30 pm.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has rejected the N100 million All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Expression of Interest and Nomination forms bought for him to contest the 2023 presidential election by nomadic Fulani pastoralists and Almajiri communities.
Jonathan’s Media Adviser, Mr Ikechukwu Eze, in a statement on Monday, said it was an insult for the community to buy the forms for him without his consent.
Apart from intensifying the jostle for the APC ticket amid contestations over zoning, the emergence of Jonathan, Lawan and Sylva, has raised further puzzles over President Muhammadu Buhari’s perceived anointed successor.
Recently, President Buhari said he would not disclose his preferred successor because if he did, the person would be killed.
Of late, fingers had been pointed in the direction of many aspirants as the would-be-anointed candidate. Also, no fewer than five aspirants had at one time or the other been presumed to be the anointed one.
Political associates of Lawan under the aegis of the National Stability Project, NSP, led by Chief Sam Nkire, who is a member of the National Caucus of the APC as well as pioneer caucus leader of Abia APC, and 15 serving senators, purchased the form for the senator, who represents Yobe North in the Senate, saying they have Lawan’s backing to buy the forms on his behalf.